5 Steps On How To SEO Your Kansas City Business Web Design
What To Know First About SEO
- SEO is a long-term marketing strategy designed to improve your position in a search engines such as Google or Bing.
- SEO is 5% technical and 95% a human effort done by people who know how to get your business on the first page of Google.
- There are no "Secrets" with SEO. Google has been telling people how to do do Great SEO for almost 20 years.
- Great SEO is a process where you convince Google you are an "authority" on a topic.
- You cannot pay Google to show better in the SEO section, you have to convince them to show you because you are an "authority" on the topic.
- SEO is the area in Google after the three map addresses.
5 Steps On How To SEO Your Kansas City Web Design
Step 1 - Determine Your Primary SEO Key Word Strings
- There's no point doing anything to your Website until you figure out what you want to show up for in Google.
- Don't try to show up for everything your business does.
- Make sure people are actually searching for the things you want to show up for.
- Know exactly how people are typing the searches in Google.
Step 2 - Use A Modern CMS and SEO Plug-In
Your Website should be built using a modern Content Management System (CMS), like WordPress. You can do great SEO on any Website, built in any tool. It's just easier to do SEO when using a modern CMS.
Step 3 - SEO Content Is King
Remember that Google is looking to rank higher those sites which appear to be an "Authority" on the searched topic. You won't be able to rank as an authority without actually being an Internet "Authority" on the topic. You cannot have too much content on your Website about the thing you are trying to rank for. You can have too little content.
Step 4 - Fresh New SEO Content
Google makes part of it's "Authority" decision on how often you are providing the consumer with fresh new information about the thing you want to rank well for. Consider adding a blog to your Website, or recent projects page. Anything you can do to continually add fresh new content about your most important keywords, can only help your Google SEO rankings.
Step 5 - Internet Sensation Creates SEO Strength
Once you get your Website set up for great SEO, you have to ask yourself. Is my company bigger on the Internet than just my Website? Do a Google search for your company name. If the only thing that comes up is your Website, you are not going to be considered an "Authority" by Google on a topic. Get social media going for your company. Do other forms of marketing that will get your name mentioned on Google. Does your business have a LinkedIn business page? When people search your company name in Google, they should find a host of other links about your company besides your Website. Actively be on the Internet promoting your business.